This weekend, there are a number of family-friendly occasions and destinations taking place in Southampton and around Hampshire. Here are 5 of the very best things to do:
1. Southampton Thai Festival: The popular Thai Festival is going back to Hoglands Park on Saturday and Sunday. Festivalgoers can delight in standard clothes, devices, street food stalls, and more. There will likewise be Thai kickboxing classes, martial arts and dancing sessions, and a stall providing standard Thai massages.
2. Hat Fair: Despite being smaller sized than normal due to an absence of financing, the Hat Fair will still be an excellent occasion to participate in. Gobbledegook Theatre will be performing their program, “The High Priestess of Pop and the Disco Druids.” The Hat Fair will be commemorating its 50th birthday next year.
3. Aboard SS Shieldhall: Take a journey on Southampton’s heritage steamship, SS Shieldhall, to witness the Round the Island Race. This leading luxury yacht occasion brings in over 1,700 boats and around 16,000 sailors. During the journey, visitors will go by cruise liner like Celebrity Silhouette, Iona, Sky Princess, and Ventura. The journey consists of a professional commentary, a trip of the engine space, and the chance to unwind in the saloon.
4. Do1Cancer Event: A charity hip hop and graffiti jam will occur at the Common and the Bargate. Graffiti artists, street artists, and the hip hop neighborhood will come together to paint pieces. The occasion intends to raise cash for Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice. There will likewise be a music celebration with regional DJs and live efficiencies.
5. Romsey Mayor’s Picnic: The Memorial Park will host the popular Romsey Mayor’s Picnic on Sunday. Families can delight in home entertainment from groups using the bandstand, stalls, and activities arranged by the Rotary Club of Romsey Test. Don’t miss out on the soaking swimming pool and the duck race down the river.
These occasions provide a series of activities and experiences for households to delight in over the weekend. Whether you have an interest in Thai culture, street art, luxury yacht racing, or picnicking in the park, there’s something for everybody to delight in.