Eleven years after his last fight in Mexico, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez go back to his house nation on Saturday to safeguard his indisputable incredibly middleweight champion against John Ryder. Unlike the last time he battled in Mexico, Alvarez is now a worldwide super star and has actually long been acknowledged as one of the elite fighters worldwide.
Ryder is getting his 2nd fracture at a world champion. Many feel he needs to have won his very first chance, dropping a questionable choice to Callum Smith in November 2019. Had Ryder won that fight, he would have been the guy to invite Alvarez to the incredibly middleweight department rather of Smith back in 2020.
Ryder has actually now won 4 successive battles to make his chance to face Alvarez, though he’ll do so as an enormous underdog.
CBS Sports will likewise have live protection of the fight with round-by-round scoring and blow-by-blow updates to keep you as much as date throughout the night.
The undercard on Saturday likewise has more Mexican style. WBC flyweight champ Julio Cesar Martinez is back in action when he handles Ronal Batista. Martinez recovered from a defeat to Chcolatito Gonzalez with a win in December over Samuel Carmona. Plus, Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela is set to handle Steve Spark at incredibly light-weight. And veteran Oleksandr Gvozdyk goes back to fight Ricards Bolotniks at light heavyweight.
The action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on DAZN pay-per-view. The complete fight card with odds from Caesars Sportsbook and total seeing details is noted below.
- Date: May 6 | Location: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas
- Start time: 7 p.m. ET (Main occasion ring strolls around 11 p.m. ET)
- How to see: DAZN PPV | Price: $54.99
Alvarez vs. Ryder fight card, odds
- Canelo Alvarez (c) -2000 vs. John Ryder +1000, indisputable incredibly middleweight titles
- Julio Cesar Martinez (c) -1400 vs. Ronal Batista +800, WBC flyweight title
- Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Ricards Bolotniks, light heavyweights
- Gabriel Gollaz Valenzuela -150 vs. Steve Spark +125, junior welterweights